- Model: Land Rover Defender 90 Heritage Edition
- Engine: 2.2-litre 4cyl turbodiesel
- Power/torque: 120bhp/360Nm
- Transmission: Six-speed manual, dual range four-wheel drive
- 0-62mph/top speed: 15.8 secs/90mph
- Economy/CO2: 28.3mpg/266g/km
The venerable Land Rover, launched in 1948 and renamed the Defender by marketing types in 1990, will reach the end of the road this December. Although it has been gone from U.S. shores for more than a decade, the Defender has been plugging along in other markets. With its gutless four-cylinder diesel and tractorlike driving characteristics, it is an anachronism on wheels, yet fiercely loved by aficionados worldwide. For the Defender’s final year of production, Land Rover is sending it out with not one but three special editions.
The special editions have three distinct themes: the outdoorsy Adventure Edition, the luxurious Autobiography Edition, [...]